Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, January 26, 2019

My Father-in-Law in the Millennial Star

This blog is intended for my ancestors who are not Vaughns/Vaughans or closely connected thereto. But as I've been married to his daughter for 38 years, I think I can stretch to post my findings of my father-in-law in the Millennial Star, the British publication for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from 1840 to 1970. It had a good run.

The main problem is that as I am not a direct descendant, it will do no good for me to post this on FamilySearch memories. Maybe I can get his daughter to do it in 3rd-hour family study tomorrow.

While out of order, the first one here is a classic:

This is the Cornerstone laying for the London Temple from the Millenial Star of June 1957.
But back to Elder Kimball's arrival in the British Mission:



During these years, the Millennial Star published photos of the Missionaries serving in the British Mission in the December, or Christmas Issue. That was a nice thing to do. Of course, they are the official mission photos so they are always the same for each missionary:

December 1956

December 1957
And then for the release in April 1858:

No comments:

Post a Comment